I was recently reading some research from Hays Recruitment on some research they conducted with 1000 GenY individuals on their attitudes to work, what they are looking for in their boss, technology expectations etc.
It’s a good read with the main headlines being:
- They want a career that allows them to do interesting work
- Money is important, but so too is flexibility and bonus potential
- When looking at a potential employer the opportunity to develop is the most crucial factor
- They value a coaching style of leadership
- They expect email to be the dominant style of communications for the foreseeable future
I’d recommend reading the full report because there are some interesting nuggets in here.