Over on ClickDocuments blog – Connect the Docs there’s a good collection of insights from a number of B2B Marketing luminaries (Brian Carrroll, Mac McIntosh, to name two) on some of the most common B2B Content marketing mistakes to be avoided. The key ones listed are
- Avoid the One-Off Send Syndrome
- Avoid Me, Me, Me Marketing!
- Not being relevant to your audience
- Not cariing about your audience
- Not finding multiple uses for your content
- Missing the opportunity to create content specific to buyer personas
Some nice examples in here, but it all points to the same issue – nurturing a relationship with a potential client does NOT equate to sending them a brochure, or asking regularly if they’re ready to buy yet. Simple.