I recently came across this list from Chris Brogan that looks like a one-stop IDP on Social Media for IBM Marketers! Frankly there are many aspects here that I simply don’t understand – but it’s clearly full of some crackerjack practical ideas for us marketers. Jeremiah Owyang at Forrester has then taken this list and grouped them under 5 objectives which I think helps the list become even more practical. These objectives are:
- Listening: Gleaning market and customer insight and intelligence
- Talking: Engaging in a two way discussion to get your message out (and get messages in)
- Energizing: Letting your customers tell your prospects on your behalf (viral, word of mouth)
- Supporting: Getting your customers to self-support each other
- Embracing: Building better products and services through collaboration with clients
Powerful Stuff – check it out.